This weekend our Green Bay Packers travel to Dallas,”Jerry’s World” to take on the red hot Dallas Cowboys. The Packers and Cowboys faced off in week 6 earlier this season that resulted in a Dallas stomping of the Packers 30 to 16. Below is the highlights of that game and some stats.
- PASS: D. Prescott: 18 of 27 for 247 yds, 3 td & 1 int
- RUSH: E. Elliott: 28 Rush for 157 yds
- REC: T. Williams: 4 rec for 75 yds
- REC: C. Beasley: 6 rec for 58 yds and 2 td
- REC: J. Witten: 4 rec for 42 yds
- REC: B. Butler: 1 rec for 20 yds and 1 tds
Green Bay Packers
- PASS: A. Rodgers: 31 of 42 for 294 yards, 1 touchdowns and 1 interception
- RUSH: E. Lacy: 17 Rushes for 65 yards and 0 touchdowns
- REC: T. Montgomery: 10 receptions for 98 yards and 0 touchdowns
- REC: J. Nelson: 5 receptions for 68 yards and 0 touchdowns
- REC: R. Cobb: 7 receptions for 53 yards and 1 touchdowns
- REC: D. Adams: 2 receptions for 34 yards and 0 touchdowns
Now a lot has changed for the Packers since that week 6 meeting. The Packers turned the ball over 4 times, and that is something we haven’t done in quite some time. Aaron Rodgers has’t fumbled the ball since week 13 against the Texans, and hasn’t thrown an interception since week 10 against the Titans. Rodgers is playing red hot right now and looks to be unstoppable. Over the past 8 games Aaron Rodgers has 22 touchdowns and ZERO interceptions! That’s GOD MODE! The one point in the Cowboys game is their inability to create turnovers. Going into the post season the Dallas Cowboys are ranked 27th in the league for interceptions with just 9. They also struggle getting to the quarterback, ranked 13th in the league with only 36 sacks all season. Our offensive line is playing great in pass protection, Rodgers has only been sacked 11 times over the past 6 games. Let’s dive a bit deeper on the match ups…
5th best offense in points, 5th best offense in yards, 23rd best offense in passing yards & 2nd best in rushing yards
VS. Packers Defense
21st defense in points allowed, 22nd defense in yards per game allowed, 31st defense in passing yards allowed & 8th best rushing defense in yards allowed.
4th best offense in points, 8th best offense in yards per game, 7th best passing offense in yards & 20th best offense in rushing yards per game.
Vs. Cowboys Defense
5th best defense in points allowed per game, 14th best defense in yards allowed per game, 26th best offense in passing yards allowed per game & 1st best defense against the run
I think we (GB) match up well against the Dallas Cowboys. If we can stuff Ezekiel Elliott even a little bit, I don’t think Dak Prescott is capable of putting up the type of yards and points needed to keep up with our high powered offense. I think Packers win this 34-27